Paper: Thomasville Ford Closes Doors | News
Thomasville Ford closed its doors on Wednesday, adding another company to the long list of companies hit hard by the recession, according to the Thomasville Times.
Kim Cecil, general manager of Thomasville Ford, said the company's 19 employees were informed of the decision on Monday. Cecil told the paper many people have been with the company for more than a decade.
Declining sales and the current national recession are the primary reasons for the closure, Cecil told the paper.
"Ford didn't do it, this was our decision," Cecil told the paper. "We did not get a letter. We made the decision to close based on the business we had."
Upcoming Events near Thomasville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault
- Parents want renovations at Stoner-Thomas for students with disabilities
- 18-year-old accused of beating duck to death with baseball bat
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Lexington Police search for woman who used stolen bank card